Do you have experience with dairy cattle breeding and find working with animal pedigrees interesting? Would you like to be a key person in selecting future bulls for semen production and heifers for embryo production?
Then join us to work with competent and dedicated colleagues in VikingGenetics in securing large genetic progress for Nordic and International dairy farmers.
As a Breeding Specialist, you will be part of an international team of like-minded breeding specialists. You will be responsible for selecting the best bulls for our semen production and breeding scheme. Part of your work will be dedicated to the VikingEmbryo programme including selection of donors for purchase and field flushing’s. Our breeding programme is dedicated to the fulfilment of the Nordic breeding goal in providing our customers with top quality semen to drive genetic progress forward and secure economic gain for the Nordic dairy farmers.
Your main tasks will be:
• Implementation of breeding scheme
• Selection of bulls for future semen production
• Selection of donors and related matings for embryo production
• Bull dam selection
• Dialog with farmers/breeders and breeding advisors
• Dialog with embryo production center (Risbak) and VikingDanmark regarding donor and recipient setup
• Incorporation of optimal contribution selection (OCS) into the breeding scheme
• Breeding plan proposal and evaluation
Workplace: Assentoft, Denmark
• To succeed in this role, you need experience with cattle breeding, practical as well as theoretical (advanced technical degree in agriculture or higher education)
• Solid background in basic quantitative genetics and breeding planning
• Evident planning and organizational skills
• Prominent social skills and ability to handle cultural differences, both internal and external
• First class communication skills, able to operate in a structured, professional, and effective manner.
• Self-motivated and result oriented
• Danish and English orally and in writing.
• Travels can be expected.
We offer you:
An exciting job with opportunities for professional and personal development. We value an innovative mind-set for better solutions, initiative, enthusiasm, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
A position in a professional and dedicated company, and the opportunity to influence the development of the whole company.
For more details, please contact: VikingGenetics Genetic Development Manager, Lars Peter Sørensen, phone +45 4026 4031. Applications with appendices should be sent to: email@example.com