The first step is to decide on a strategy, then contact your local distributor and make a plan. After that, it is crucial to stick to the plan because it takes time and patience to see the results.
- Decide to start ProCROSS
- Contact your local distributor
- Make a crossbreeding plan
- Stick to the plan!
Choosing ProCROSS as a strategy
- It will take 10 years to have a real ProCROSS herd. To make a good start, well-adapted to your farm, you will require advice from your local ProCROSS distributor.
- Some pure breeding dairy farmers might criticize your choices. Consider your own strategy, and not theirs.
- Only by using the best bulls, specially selected by the ProCROSS partners Coopex and VikingGenetics, will you obtain the optimum results. Do not go for the second-best option, the results of which will most likely disappoint you.
- A strategy is made for the long run. In breeding you have to stick to your strategy; if you change strategy every second year, you get lost.